Leaving Melbourne (Derbyshire Landscape)
- Dimensions – 76.2 x 50.8 x 1.3 cm
- Technique – Oil on Canvas
- Other details – Framing on request.
- Shipping – Free of charge (UK & Ireland)
- About the artwork – This painting was a larger than normal piece made on canvas as opposed to board which is my usual surface choice. The reason for this was due to the added weight when scaling up. A smaller study was made in preperation for this to help with the composition as well as several drawings and colour studies- the location being a hill outside of the South Derbyshire village of Melbourne, from a road heading downwards towards a gathering of buildings adding structure to the centre of the image. I was drawn to the depth and shadows that were cast from right to left on this warm summers afternoon. Currently available at The Fletchergate Gallery, Nottingham
Buy Now Pay Later option available at Checkout.