Queensboro Bridge (Underpass)
- Dimensions – 100 x 70 x 5 cm
- Technique – Oil on Canvas
- Other details – Framing on request.
- Shipping – Free of charge (UK & Ireland)
- About the artwork – This artwork is part of a series of works made from sketches taken in New York in the summer of 2022. In particular, I made many studies around the Queensboro Bridge, Rooseveldt Island and the North East Side. I was attracted to the bridge because it not only contained visually many interesting elements that I look for in a composition such as perspective, shade, light, contrast- and a general balance between urban and rural- it also featured in many works of one of my favorite artists, Edward Hopper. His study of ‘Queensboro Bridge’ from 1913 was only realised by me when I started to sketch it. Ben Aronson’s work- especially ‘Underpass’ plays an important link to this study too.This is the largest artwork in the series I did around this area- and being larger it was more practical to work on canvas as opposed to board.
Buy Now Pay Later option available at Checkout.